Publications & Biography
Notes for Young Knowledge: The Poems of Robin Hyde
Ed Michele Leggott. Auckland UP, 2003.
Notes for the poems have been published in an online version by Auckland
University Press in association with the New Zealand Electronic Poetry
Notes for Young Knowledge (PDF:
- Adelaide Wilkinson, nee Butler (1872-1944), Nelly, Robin Hyde's mother, May 1916.
- George Edward Wilkinson (1881-1944), Eddie, Robin Hyde's father, New Zealand Engineers, May 1916.
- Nelly Wilkinson and her daughters on the front porch of Laloma, 1919. From right to left, standing: Hazel Wentworth (b. 1903), Iris Guiver (b.1906), Edna Ruby Sircom (b. 1908). Ruth Saxon Louvain (b. 1914) on Nelly's knee.
- Iris Wilkinson with Gwen Hawthorn at Day's Bay, 1922.
- Robin Hyde on the Lyall Bay foreshore, Wellington, 1928.
- Robin Hyde with her son Derek Challis at Palmerston North, 1931.
- Robin Hyde in 1932 at the time of her lady editorship of the New
- Robin Hyde and her Australian friend Kay Brownlie (Brownie) in Sydney, January
Prose by Robin Hyde
About Robin Hyde
- Susan Ash, A New
Vantage Point. Review of Young Knowledge: The Poems of Robin Hyde
- Derek Challis, The Fate of the Iris Wilkinson Manuscripts (nzepc)
- Megan Clayton, Thoroughly
Modern Malory: Robin Hyde and Malorian Desire (nzepc)
- Lisa Docherty, 'Do I Speak
Well?' The Letters of Robin Hyde (HOW2)
- Mary Edmond-Paul, Robin Hyde (Iris Wilkinson), 1906-1939 (Kotare vol. 7, no. 1)
- Alison Hunt, Dream Brothers: Utopian vision in Robin Hyde’s Nadath and Dmitry Merezhkovsky’s Akhnaton
- Alison Hunt, Angel-guarded liar in a pleasant, quiet room: the experiences of writer Robin Hyde in the New Zealand mental health system of the 1930s (nzepc)
- Michele Leggott, Opening
the Archive: Robin Hyde, Eileen Duggan and the Persistence of Record
- Michele Leggott, Robin
Hyde: The Victory Hymn 1935-1995 (nzepc/Holloway)
- Michele Leggott, Taking
of each what is needed: Robin Blaser, Robin Hyde, Blue Irises and a Famous
- Michele Leggott,
from Introduction to Young Knowledge: The Poems of Robin Hyde
- Bronwyn Lloyd, Unearthing Stella Benson (The Imaginary Museum)
- Robyn Lendrum, Looking for a home in this world: Robin Hyde’s ‘placename’ poems 1937-39 (nzepc)
Hyde: A Political Reading (HOW2)
- Patrick Sandbrook, Introduction to The Godwits Fly 2001 edition
Recordings by Helen Morse, July 2003.
Houses by the Sea : The Beaches
A Public Conversation
- Young Knowledge - A public conversation about Robin Hyde’s poem Young Knowledge, 26 October 2012
from a 1934 studio portrait by